This dynamic page was cached 44 min ago at 2014-03-09 - 16:00 GMT. Rebuild the page.
Citizens' Oversight Projects (COPs)
This web site is dedicated to enabling citizens to provide needed oversight to our democracy.
Engage officials in public meetings
Record public meetings
Hold feet to the fire
Sixth grader speaks to School Board.
Rallies and Protests
We must, as citizens, provide oversight of our local governmental bodies. They can't be trusted to oversee themselves. You can help! Read how here: COPs Program
WE WIN! Southern California Edison has announced a permanent shutdown at San Onofre! Read more: Shut San Onofre
COPs acts as umbrella organization for Coalition to Decommission San Onofre
as a party to the investigation by the California Public Utilities Commission, which is still an ongoing concern despite the recent announcement of a shutdown at San Onofre!
- Shut San Onofre - San Onofre Nuclear Power Plant, with the highest number of reports of safety violations in the nation, is down due to engineering design mistakes. Combined with earthquake and tsunami risks, this plant should not be restarted, but for the safety of all concerned, decommissioned.
- Occupy San Diego - Occupy Wall Street has been extremely successful in changing the dialog about income disparity and plight of the 99% as a result of incredible profiteering on Wall Street
Recent Changes: Media Topics
- HEALTH RISKS FROM DRINKING DEMINERALISED WATER -- ", National Institute of Public Health Czech Republic,
- East County Performing Arts Center in talks with Rock Church -- Karen Pearlman, Union Tribune, 2014-02-27
- Fukushima Lessons for California Panel -- ", Citizens Oversight, 2013-06-04
- Improving Like-for-like RSGs -- Boguslaw Olech, SCE, Nuclear Engineering International, 2012-01
- Traffic Problems Near Anza School in El Cajon -- Ray Lutz, Citizens Oversight, 2014-02-27
- Lawsuit by John B. Kenney vs OSD, etc. -- John Kenney, Citizens Oversight, 2014-01-17
- MOTION OF THE COALITION TO DECOMMISSION SAN ONOFRE FOR HEARING (regarding SCE AL 2968-E) -- Martha Sullivan, Raymond Lutz, Coalition To Decommission San Onofre, 2014-01-27
- SCE Advice Letter 2968E -- SONGS 2 & 3 Decommissioning -- Corporate Document, Southern California Edison, 2013-11-18
- CDSO Protest of SCE Advice Letter 2968E -- Ray Lutz, Coalition To Decommission San Onofre, 2013-12-09
- The Corporation -- Mark Achbar and Jennifer Abbott, Mark Achbar and Bart Simpson, 2011-10-20 Not sure of actual publish date.
Recent Changes: Other topics
- Save ECPAC - SaveECPAC ECPAC Foundation Our Proposal Read the Proposal to operate the theater from the ECPAC Foundation! Click Here SaveEcpacPresentationV1.1.ppt ...
- Shut San Onofre - ShutSanOnofre Get Bumper Stickers! Objective: Permanent decommissioning of San Onofre Nuclear Generating Station (SONGS) Southern California Edison announced ...
- Donate To Citizens Oversight - Thanks for your support! (Return to main page) DonateToCitizensOversight We are a 501c3, tax exempt organization. You can deduct any contributions you make from your ...
- How To Download Real Media Streams - HowToDownloadRealMediaStreams Some sites provide archived video webcasts in the form of .rm streams. These are fairly difficult to download and use for editing and ...
- Keyword List - KeywordList Include this in the Media Form table to allow dynamic generation. Normally, it is possible to use a topic to list the options but the select item is called ...
- Water Fluoridation - WaterFluoridation Review by chemist Barney McEntire Barney McEntire was a chemist who wrote most of this article. He passed away on August 7, 2013 and will be missed ...
- San Onofre License Amendment Intervention - SanOnofreLicenseAmendmentIntervention See parent project ShutSanOnofre Background Each nuclear power plant is licensed by the NRC, through the Atomic Safety and Licensing ...
- Real Player - RealPlayer RealPlayer is a popular and free media player that is frequently used to distributed video media and webcasts. The CaliforniaPublicUtilitiesCommission ...
- Morgan Lee -
- Contact Us - Contact Us PLEASE NOTE THAT IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR A VENUE AND YOU GET TO THIS PAGE, WE CAN'T HELP YOU WITH THAT! ALTHOUGH MANY SEARCH ENGINES WIL FIND OUR INFORMATION ...
See COPs Program for a list of all projects and an overview of our project concept.
- Common Calendar - Month-at-a-glance format for all events relevant to East County
- List Serve - Sign up for our email lists
- News Media - submitted media in all categories, and anyone who submits them.
References and Resources
- Nine Eleven - A starting place for investigating the truth and missing pieces behind the events of 9/11
- Relevant Links - Links to other web sites that are important resources or cooperative organizations.
- Meeting Places - Venues where meetings are sometimes held, directions, maps.
- All Contacts - People and groups that have been defined.
- County Removes Lutzs Trees - After sending a request for information to Dianne Jacob's office and to the County Counsel regarding Brown Act violations, the County retaliates by driving over the curb with a truck and removing all the trees in front of the Lutz residence with no notice at all.
- What Are RSS Feeds? - Learn about an important technology for distributing Blog-like postings.
- Basic Instructions - When you first start using this wiki to report on a strange event, I will refer you to this topic to get you started!
- Wiki Usage Tips - Some secrets about using this wiki
- How To Upload Using FTP - If you have large files to upload (videos, presentations), these instructions will walk you through it!
Common Web Utilities