We are a 501c3, tax exempt organization. You can deduct any contributions you make from your taxable income. There is no upper limit!
SPECIAL PROJECT FUNDING REQUEST
Citizens Oversight is fully engaged with the following current projects that can benefit from your monetary support:
- Lawsuit filed against San Diego Registrar of Voters, Michael Vu regarding election processing irregularities that make people wonder, what else is going on? Please contribute to the war chest! See more here: Complaint for Declarative Relief -- Lutz vs. Vu
- CPUC - Representing ratepayers at the California Public Utilities Commission regarding the aftermath of the San Onofre nuclear plant shutdown, and to work to lower ridiculously high costs for energy compared with the national average and other districts in California. Also continuing to monitor the decommissioning process at San Onofre.
- Key project here is the federal lawsuit we have filed regarding the $3.3 billion settlement improperly pushed through the CPUC without even starting the investigation into the failure of the San Onofre plant. This represents about $1000 per ratepayer, and we need to build a war chest to fight this battle.
- Election Integrity -- Working to deploy our Snapshot Protocol to all 58 counties in California and other states that use a manual tally post-election audit to thwart central tabulator hacks.
- Save ECPAC -- Working to reopen the East County Performing Arts Center (ECPAC) and blocking the Rock Church from taking this over as a church.
- Shutdown Diablo -- Working to close the last nuclear plant in California, the Diablo Canyon Nuclear Power Plant, built within 600 meters of active faults although it was designed as if they were at least 30 km away.
- ... and many other excellent activist activities, many of which come up quickly and need support.
Recommended Support levels:
| Basic Membership
| Donating Member
| Donating Member repeating
|| $10/month (or $120 / year)
| Underwriter (repeating)
|| $25/month ($300 / year)
| Make it happen level
| Twist Arms level
| Take no Prisoners
| Student/ Senior/ Fixed Income
Use Pay Pal to support us
- Please checkmark "recurring donation" after you get to Pay Pal if you want to repeat your donation every month. THIS REALLY HELPS!
- Please note: Pay Pal charges a higher percentage for donations of only $5, so if you are planning to donate at the $5/Month rate, it is better if you send us a LUMP SUM rather than monthly payments. THANKS!
- Because projects and expenses changes rapidly, we reserve the right to reapply your donation where it can be best used, but we will try to respect any earmarking you do specify.
| Donate To
|| Click here
| Citizens' Oversight
|| General Fund
supports all projects!
Note: For a link you can include in an email solicitation, right click on the donate button above and select "Copy Link Location" and then paste into your email!
Affiliate your club or organization, or just endorse Citizens Oversight
We encourage organizations such as clubs, associations and nonprofits, to endorse us and promote that their members join Citizens Oversight.
- Nonpartisan clubs, associations, and nonprofits - Your group as a whole can become an affiliate of Citizens Oversight and directly engage to address local issues. Your members can directly become members of COPS or remain as members of your organization which then can operate as a COPS affiliate. We recommend that your group contribute as a whole at least at the "Underwriter" level, but we will accept you even if you cannot afford any direct contribution. If you do not have a 501(c)3 status, we can extend that to your group if you become an official affiliate. This is very useful to get the best rates on meeting rooms, postage, and other expenses. To become an affiliate, you will either provide your membership list to us or allow us to promote COPS membership to your membership through your staff.
- Partisan clubs, political committees, etc. -- Your group can endorse Citizens Oversight and make contributions as a unit, but a partisan group cannot become an affiliate. Although we can accept endorsement and contributions from partisan clubs and political committees, we cannot make you an official "affiliate" since we are organized as a 501(c)3 nonprofit. This makes donations to our organization tax deductible, but we cannot engage in any partisan activities. If your organization is explicitly partisan, you will need to establish a separate nonpartisan association that can run in parallel with your main group if you want to establish an affiliate chapter.
Other ways to help support us
| By Check
To Donate by Check, please make checks payable to Citizens Oversight, and note if you want the money earmarked for any particular purpose..
| Please mail to:
Citizens Oversight Please note that we appreciate getting your donation in check form because we do not have to pay PayPal fees!
771 Jamacha Rd. #148
El Cajon, CA 92019
| By Shopping (FREE)
|| By shopping at stores on the Internet, we will receive a percentage of every dollar you spend, without any increase to your payment. This is a completely painless way to support Citizens Oversight!
|| Please click on the following graphic:
Amazon.com (click here and bookmark!) .
Please BOOKMARK THAT LINK (click the little star) and then always use that bookmark to enter Amazon.com. We will then earn a percentage of your purchases!
Thanks for your support! (Return to main page)
| By Tuning in (FREE)
|| Listen to our streaming radio station. Unlike regular radio, we know how many people are listening at any time, and if you tune in, then we move up in dynamic directories on the Internet.
|| Click here: http://AirProgressive.org to listen on your computer or smart phone.