More about Blackwater: Blackwater Potrero
From Jill Michaels:
Enrique Morones on Border Militarization
For anyone who missed Enrique Morone's dynamic workshop entitled,
"The Militarization of the Border," at the STOP BLACKWATER encampment
in Potrero on October 6th, you can check it out on youTube at the
STOP BLACKWATER! Rally and Encampment in Potrero, Oct 6-7, 2007. Join this Rally in Potrero and at the Gate of the Proposed Blackwater West
site. Saturday: Oct. 6th, Sierra Club Hike (9-2) Educational sessions (2-5) at Potrero County Park
($3 parking in the park; East on 94. N on Potrero Valley Rd, R on Potrero Park Rd. -- Camping is available Saturday night.) Also on Saturday, an evening program (7-9pm) music and spoken word at Randel Parks Residence
"Rally Site" 23975 Yerba Santa Rd. (East on 94. N on Potrero Valley Rd, L on Round Potrero Rd. to 23975 Yerba Santa Rd.). On Sunday, Oct 7th, gather at "Rally Site" at 1pm for the Rally and one-mile walk to the gates of the proposed Blackwater site, and to the viewpoint overlook. WALK TO KEEP POTRERO, SAN DIEGO COUNTY, AND CALIFORNIA "BLACKWATER-FREE" SAFE, LIVABLE COMMUNITIES. More Info: http://www.prcsd.org/encampment.html
STOP BLACKWATER WEST CAMP, RALLY AND WALK! -- October 6 and 7, 2007
Two day Educational Encampment and Walk to Stop Blackwater in Potrero, California
Join us October 6 and 7, 2007 to:
- SAY NO TO THE DESTRUCTION OF OUR ENVIRONMENT
- SAY NO TO WAR PROFITEERS
- SAY YES TO KEEPING POTRERO A SAFE, LIVABLE COMMUNITY
Blackwater USA plans to build a training facility, “Blackwater West,” in Potrero, California, a small community in San Diego County 45 miles east of the City of San Diego. The environmental impacts will be enormous and have long-lasting effects, including loss of sensitive habitat, depletion of an already fragile and shrinking water table, groundwater pollution and more. People living in Potrero will also be exposed to noise, traffic and disruption of their quiet way of life. Blackwater is one of the most powerful and secretive forces to emerge from the U.S. military-industrial complex and one of the greatest beneficiaries of the “global war on terror.” Destroying communities for profit at the expense of the environment must stop. Profiting from war and human suffering must stop!
This will be a full weekend of activities, culminating in the Walk on Sunday. Join us for part or all!
Join our camp at Potrero Regional Park. Activities begin on Saturday, but camping can begin on Friday night. For details about being a part of the camp-see the attached flier or go to or www.prcsd.org/encampment.html
Day visitors on Saturday and Sunday: See attached flier or visit our website www.prcsd.org/encampment/html
EDUCATION DAY, Saturday, October 6, Potrero County Park
RALLY AND MARCH, Sunday, October 7, Randel Parks Residence
- DIRECTIONS: From San Diego, take SR-94 E, about 45 miles. Potrero Rd, North (Left), Potrero Park Rd. (R) drive to the end, about a mile to Potrero County Park.
- Note: $3 parking in the park
- 9 a.m. Sierra Club Event: Hauser Wilderness Walk – Begins at Potrero County Park. See attached flier or www.prcsd.org/encampment.html or http://www.wilderness4all.org/
- 2-5 p.m. Educational Workshops and displays on the environment, Blackwater West impacts on Potrero and the San Diego region, Potrero area Wildlife, Militarization of the Border and more (Potrero Regional Park)
- 7 -9 p.m. Music and spoken word gathering celebrating peace, the environment and safe, livable communities. Held at Randel Parks Residence (Rally Site)
- DIRECTIONS: From San Diego, take SR-94 E, about 45 miles. Potrero Rd, North (Left), Round Potrero Rd (L) about 3 miles to the rally site (corner of Round Potrero Rd. and Yerba Santa Rd - 23975 Yerba Santa Rd) parking is limited, please carpool if possible!
- Noon: Gather at Rally Site.
- 1 p.m. - Rally -- Featuring REP. BOB FILNER (CA-51)
- Also including
- Raymond Lutz, Citizens' Oversight Projects (COPs)
- Jan Hedlun, Potrero Resident and Potrero Planning Group Member
- Jeanette Hartman, Sierra Club, Land Use Committee
- Billy Crawley, Potrero Resident and Candidate for Potrero Planning Group
- Jim Brown, Veterans for Peace
- 2 p.m. - One Mile Walk to gates of proposed Blackwater site
- 4 p.m. - Close
- Note: Please bring SUNSCREEN, HATS, and WATER!
Contributions are needed to help with this effort! Checks can be sent to The Peace Resource Center of San Diego, 3850 Westgate Place, San Diego, CA 92105. Makes checks payable to the Peace Resource Center and indicate it’s for Stop Blackwater work. Donations can also be made online at our website. www.prcsd.org
Sponsored by the Peace Resource Center of San Diego, the San Diego Coalition for Peace & Justice, Citizens' Oversight, San Diego Veterans for Peace, Code Pink, Activist San Diego, San Diego SUN, San Diego Puppet Insurgency, Border Angels, San Diego Renters Union, North County Coalition for Peace and Justice, Green Party San Diego County
To endorse this event, contact the Peace Resource Center, 619-263-9301 or email@example.com
INFO AT: http://www.prcsd.org/encampment.html
See also: Ecdc.E00000
-- Raymond Lutz
- 24 Sep 2007