-- Community Forum -- sponsored by Citizens Oversight
- Blackwater Potrero - Proposed Mercenary Training camp in a sensitive valley near Potrero, about 45 minutes on Hwy 94.
- Wind Zero - Yet another training camp just east of San Diego on I-8
- Covert Canyon - Shooting Range and training area just past Alpine.
These three companies have proposed “boot camps” of sorts to train law enforcement, military, and in some cases, and civilian “paramilitary forces” in San Diego or Imperial counties.
Please attend this meeting to help review the development plans of these companies. Everything is on the table at this meeting. We want to consider not just the “land use” issues, but also the politics and rationale for setting up private firms to take over the training of our law enforcement and military, take part in likely militarization of the border, and possibly be deployed in any future “martial law” declaration.
The proposals and histories of these companies are vastly different, and we need to have an open mind in reaching a consensus for the course that the county should be directed.
Co-sponsored by the East County Democratic Club, Club members will be offered to endorse any or all of these projects, and may vote to actively oppose others.
Representatives from each of the companies will make a presentation followed by moderated Q&A.
Please come early to get a seat.
- WHEN: Sunday, Aug 12, 2007 2pm (Doors open at 1:00 pm)
- WHERE: Rancho San Diego Library Cmty Rm
11555 Via Rancho San Diego, 92019
- Contact: 619-820-5321 for more information
- Info: www.citizensOversight.org and www.StopBlackwater.net
- Flier -- PLEASE HELP DISTRIBUTE
-- Raymond Lutz
- 09 Aug 2007