DO NOT EDIT THIS TOPIC TO ADD OR CHANGE EVENTS!
Please edit the topic from where the events have been included.
This topic collects calendar events from project topics. The section where the events are defined must be enclosed in a section called Cops Events
, like this:
- dd Mmm yyyy - description.
so for example, this is a typical event entry:
- 07 Oct 2009 - (6p) Meet at the park and have a great time.
Please note that EVERYTHING prior to the dash MUST be exactly as shown. Time in parens is our own custom only.
- 13 Mar 2012 - the City Council has proposed demolishing the ECPAC theater and replacing it with a Courtyard by Marriott Hotel with a multipurpose room.
- 26 Mar 2012 - Meeting #1 of community group Save ECPAC met at Cocos Restaurant on Main in El Cajon.
- 09 Apr 2012 - Meeting #2 of Save ECPAC at East County Chamber of Commerce Meeting Room in El Cajon.
- 23 Apr 2012 - (3p) Tour of ECPAC Theater for Save ECPAC committee, meet at the theater.
- 23 Apr 2012 - (5p) Meeting #3 of Save ECPAC at East County Chamber of Commerce Meeting Room in El Cajon.
- 07 May 2012 - (6p) Meeting #4 of Save ECPAC at El Cajon Library
- 14 May 2012 - (6p) Meeting #5 of Save ECPAC at El Cajon Library
- 21 May 2012 - (6p/7p meeting) #6 of Save ECPAC at Cocos Restaurant on Main in El Cajon
- 22 May 2012 - (1:30p) Workshop on ECPAC Demolition and Hotel Proposal at El Cajon Council Chambers.
- 29 May 2012 - (6p) Meeting #7 of Save ECPAC at Mangia Bene Restaurant
- 04 Jun 2012 - (6p) Meeting #8 of Save ECPAC at Mangia Bene Restaurant
- 11 Jun 2012 - (6p) Meeting #9 of Save ECPAC at Cocos Restaurant on Fletcher Parkway
- 12 Jun 2012 - (3p) El Cajon City Council Meeting at El Cajon Council Chambers.
- 18 Jun 2012 - (6p) Meeting #10 of Save ECPAC at Cocos Restaurant on Fletcher Parkway
- 21 Jun 2012 - (3p) Formal drop-off of the proposal to save the ECPAC theater from the ECPAC Foundation, at El Cajon City Hall. Press conference at 3pm. Delivery to City Manager at 3:30. Private meeting with the City Manager to chat about the delivery at that time (City Manager declined to appear on camera). All Save ECPAC supporters should come to this event!
- 25 Jun 2012 - (6p) ECPAC Foundation meeting at Cocos Restaurant on Fletcher Parkway - Discuss next steps after submission to the City of El Cajon and report of the submission.
- 02 Jul 2012 - (6p) ECPAC Foundation meeting at Cocos Restaurant on Fletcher Parkway
- 09 Jul 2012 - (5:30pm) El Cajon Centennial Celebration planning meeting at El Cajon Community Center - Need to coordinate with the City of El Cajon and the opening of the ECPAC theater. This will be a good time to promulgate info about our proposal to save the theater.
- 23 Jul 2012 - (6p) ECPAC Foundation meeting at The Palms at 143 East Main St., El Cajon, CA 92020 (You can park behind the location in the parking lot off the old JC Penney lot off Douglas) Mediterranean food available.)
- 30 Jul 2012 - (3p) ECPAC Foundation Facility Committee has arranged for the theater to be open for inspection and investigations, including fly tower, concessions and piano. Meet at 5pm at the blue tables just outside the courthouse to collect our thoughts and plan for August 13 meeting.
- 06 Aug 2012 - (5:30p) Centennial Celebration Community meeting, Ronald Reagan Community Center, 195 E. Douglas Avenue in El Cajon. An update on plans for the El Cajon Centennial Celebration for Monday, November 12, 2012, 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. on Rea Avenue & E. Main Street between Magnolia & Claydelle Avenues will be discussed. Visit www.elcajon100.com.
- 13 Aug 2012 - (6p) ECPAC Foundation will conduct a workshop at The Palms at 143 East Main St., El Cajon, CA 92020 for any interested party to attend, especially public officials (City of El Cajon City Council, Rec. Dept, City Manager, County Supervisor Diane Jacob, etc.) and anyone who may want to help us by volunteering to head up one of our committees. Event will include a Powerpoint Presentation of our plans for the theater, description of the ECPAC Foundation committees, Q&A, and social networking.
- 27 Aug 2012 - (6p) ECPAC Foundation meeting at The Palms at 143 East Main St., El Cajon, CA 92020 (You can park behind the location in the parking lot off the old JC Penney lot off Douglas) Mediterranean food available. Committees will break out for first 30 to 60 minutes, then plenary (common) session.
- 07 Sep 2012 - (2.30pm) Theater inspection, including review of inventory and condition of operating elements. Piano inspection by local expert Diane De Tar who wants to pull the action. City has asked us to keep the number of people to a minimum. Rob Turner has confirmed availability on this date at 2:30pm. After this event we will go to the El Cajon Brewing Company see below.
- 11 Sep 2012 - City Council meeting. Public comment on ECPAC, not on the agenda. We were asked to coordinate our information with City Manager Douglas Williford.
- 17 Sep 2012 - (6p) ECPAC Foundation Meeting at The Palms at 143 East Main St., El Cajon, CA 92020 (You can park behind the location in the parking lot off the old JC Penney lot off Douglas) Mediterranean food available. Agenda includes review of recent tour of the theater, financial model review, and organization approval. Also we targeted this week for a 2nd public meeting, with the intention to bring in many merchants, restauranteurs, and stakeholders to hear about our plans. (Likely earlier in the week when business is low in town). Duane Swainston and Christopher Shamoon working to set this up, so we will need to review the progress.
- 29 Oct 2012 - (6p) ECPAC Foundation Meeting at The Palms at 143 East Main St., El Cajon, CA 92020 (You can park behind the location in the parking lot off the old JC Penney lot off Douglas) Mediterranean food available. Agenda includes
-- Plans for Nov 12 Centennial Celebration Booth
-- Plans for Nov 13 City Council meeting with agenda item on ECPAC
- 12 Nov 2012 - The ECPAC Foundation will have a booth at the City of El Cajon Centennial Celebration, including pictures of events previously held at the theater, sign ups for audience and participants, and an overview of our vision of a new vibrant theater.
- 13 Nov 2012 - (3p) City of El Cajon will be considering the questions of reopening the theater at the City Council meeting. This is a very important meeting and we will need all hands on deck to push for reopening the theater in a way that will benefit the entire east county area. At the El Cajon Council Chambers. Project: Save ECPAC
- 09 Jul 2013 - (3p) City of El Cajon approved that staff will draft a RFQ for architect to generated detailed drawings for changes to be made to the theater.
- 13 Aug 2013 - (6p) The ECPAC Foundation will meet at the El Cajon Library in the first conference room (on left as you enter). The agenda of this meeting will be to review the current proposal by the City of El Cajon, consider a Citizens' Oversight Panel type of organization, and review projects which have been put on hold until we heard from the City.
- 09 Sep 2013 - Email sent by City Manager Douglas Williford asking "what is up with the Rock Church and ECPAC"
- 27 Feb 2014 - East County Performing Arts Center in talks with Rock Church
- 10 Mar 2014 - CPRA Request of City Of El Cajon Regarding ECPAC and Rock Church (never fully provided)
- 10 Mar 2014 - Formal Objection to Closed Session and ECPAC Lease Negotiations with The Rock Church -- Ray Lutz, Citizens Oversight, 2014-03-10
- 22 May 2014 - City seeks long term tenants
- 12 Aug 2014 - City council entertains proposal to finalize lease agreement with The Rock Church
- 06 Jun 2016 - Reroofing done to the facility
- 14 Feb 2017 - City Discussing negotiations with Live Nation 3pm
- 26 Sep 2017 - City council meeting, City Manager Williford described the deal and answered a number of questions. You can view it at this link. Skip to offset 40:00 minutes. View Video of Sept 26, 2017 City Council Meeting
- 12 Dec 2017 - El Cajon City Council approved management contract with Live Nation
- 13 Jun 2012 - (6p) Join with other Shut San Onofre activists at Encinitas City Council Meeting, Encinitas City Council Chambers 505 S. Vulcan Avenue, Encinitas 92024
- 18 Jun 2012 - (5p) NRC Report on San Onofre Nuclear Generating Station regarding findings from their investigation and reponse from Edison officials, at San Juan Capistrano Community Center 25925 Camino Del Avion, San Juan Capistrano, CA 92675. Please arrive by 5pm for protests and events prior to the meeting which starts at 6pm.
- 20 Jun 2012 - (2p) Meeting with representatives from the San Diego "Public Safety and Neighborhood Services Committee" in an effort to get this on the agenda.
- 18 Jul 2012 - (2p) San Diego "Public Safety and Neighborhood Services Committee" at San Diego City Council Committee Room (12th Floor, San Diego City Administration Building) - Public comment limited to 3 minutes per topic, but we may be on the agenda.
- 24 Sep 2012 - (6p) Del Mar City Council Meeting FB Event Southern California Edison will be giving a 20 minute presentation; Daniel Hirsch will be present to give a 20 minute rebuttal/presentation on the dangers of reopening San Onofre. Please plan to attend this important meeting and show Del Mar that we want San Onofre to stay shut! 1050 Camino del Mar, Del Mar, CA 92014.
- 29 Sep 2012 - (10a-2p) Politifest at Ingram Plaza in Liberty Station, see Website for details. Will have a booth there to promote shut down.
- 09 Oct 2012 - (6-9:30p) NRC Public Meeting on San Onofre at St Regis Hotel Dana Point at 1 Monarch Beach Resort North, Dana Point, CA 92629. This is a Category 3 Meeting, and the first time local concerned citizens, the NRC, and Southern California Edison wil take part together in a roundtable discussion about San Onofre Nuclear Generating Station.
- 25 Oct 2012 - (9a) CPUC meeting includes an agenda item to open an investigation into San Onofre. At Irvine City Hall, Council Chambers, 1 Civic Center Plaza, Irvine, CA 92606
- 30 Oct 2012 - (4:30-7:30p) Southern California Edison is sponsoring a San Onofre informational meeting, Vista Civic Center, Morris B. Vance Community Room, 200 Civic Center Drive. Activists plan to be there to provide the other side of the story.
- 16 Nov 2012 - (6-9p) NRC will meet with Southern California Edison (SCE) to discuss SCE's response to the NRC Confirmatory Action Letter of March 27, 2012, concerning actions required to be taken to address steam generator tube degradation at San Onofre Nuclear Generating Station. At Doubletree Doheny Beach at 34402 Pacific Coast Highway, Dana Point, CA 92629. Seating is limited to 350. See meeting notice -- THIS MEETING HAS BEEN INDEFINITELY POSTPONED Project: Shut San Onofre.
- 30 Nov 2012 - (4p) Press Conference by Coalition to Decommission San Onofre. Outside The Hills Hotel at 25205 La Paz Rd, Laguna Hills CA. Project: Shut San Onofre.
- 30 Nov 2012 - (6-9p) NRC will meet with Southern California Edison (SCE) to discuss SCE's response to the NRC Confirmatory Action Letter of March 27, 2012, concerning actions required to be taken to address steam generator tube degradation at San Onofre Nuclear Generating Station. At The Hills Hotel at 25205 La Paz Rd, Laguna Hills CA. Seating is limited to 400. Project: Shut San Onofre.
- 13 May 2013 - 17 May 2013 - CPUC holds hearings on San Onofre. This is Phase 1, regarding the reasonableness of SCE's actions after the shutdown and the information provided to the public. Location is the California Public Utilities Commission headquarters in San Francisco.
- 07 Jun 2013 - Press conference at San Onofre to celebrate the announcement by SCE that the plant will be permanently closed!