Caucus of the 77AD
This Topic is no longer up to date. Karen Marie Otter became the Chair in 2012, and the redistricting will change the numbering and organization.
The 77th Assembly District has delegates who represent this area. There are four types of delegates:
- Six delegates elected by local Democrats at a meeting in January of off-election years. There are three women and three men from these meetings.
- The 77AD party nominated candidate and two appointments (3).
- The 52nd CD party nominated Candidate and two appointments (3). [I'm not sure if these are automatically part of the caucus.]
- The 36th State Senate District nominated candidate and two appointments (3). [I'm not sure if these are automatically part of the caucus.]
- Delegates selected from the County Central Committee who are also members or alternates representing the 77AD. There are a total of 55 delegates selected from that body in 2009, and it varies based on voter registration. Therefore, we will likely have about 6 members from that body.
- Chris Pearson, Vice Chair of the County Central Committee representing the East Region must be invited to our meetings, even though he is in the 78AD caucus.
- Steve Rivera is the Region 20 representative and is our first point of contact with the State Party.
A list of the 77AD can be viewed here: Caucus Of 77 AD
Listserve: See List Serve