COPs (2007-12-07) Raymond Lutz
This Page: http://www.copswiki.org/Common/M373
I wrote this yesterday but it was rejected due to an error of mine.
Here it is.]
I just got off the phone with Robert Paresee (sp?) of the Registrar of
Voters. He said, regarding the recall election:
1. A drop box will be placed at the Potrero general store, locked by the
Registrar of Voters in the morning. It will be there starting at 7am until 8pm.
2. They also go to the main post office (that delivers them mail) to
make sure they have received everything that is that far along. He said
they were not planning to check at the Potrero post office.
3. The count will start at 8pm. Anyone can observe, just sign in and get
4. They will be counting just the ballots received early in the
election. He said there are about 290 in house right now. There are 509
5. That initial count should be completed by 10 pm. I can imagine the
press will want some statements from the residents about this.
6. The drop box will be transported back to the central office that
night. He said they will escort it to make sure nothing happens.
7. On Wednesday, the official count will occur, starting over will all
the ballots, including the ones from the drop box.
8. We will have an official count sometime on Wednesday.
They originally said no drop box, and I sent them a letter complaining
about that. It looks like they responded to my requests (and those of
others.) I will be interested to know how many ballots are deposited in
the drop box.
The area outside the Registrar of Voters is probably a dandy place for
signs and demonstrations tonight!
I'm going to try to film as much as I can. They said they won't let me
get close enough to see the marks on the ballots.