Grossmont Healthcare District
Direct link to this page: http://www.copswiki.org/Common/GrossmontHealthcareBoard
The following is the list of board members as of 2010:
The Grossmont Healthcare District
, formed in 1952 to build and operate Grossmont Hospital, serves as landlord of the hospital on behalf of local taxpayers, including ownership of the property and buildings. GHD board meetings are normally held on the third Friday of each month at the District Conference Center at 9001 Wakarusa St, La Mesa. The District's five-member board of directors, each elected to four-year terms, represent nearly 500,000 East County residents who live within the District's 750 square miles in San Diego's East County.
Board meetings are held at the GHD Conference Center, 9001 Wakarusa St., La Mesa, at 7:30am on the 3rd Friday of each month.
GHD is a member of two organizations that may be able to provide salary surveys:
- California Special District’s Association (http://www.csda.net); and,
- Association of Community Healthcare Districts (http://www.achd.org.)
- Board Member Stieringer employment scam -- James Stieringer resigns to allow him to apply for position established while he was on the board but never filled; COPS calls him on it and the board dissolves the position, then he tries to rescind his resignation. See more articles on this below.
The violations at Sharp Grossmont “indicate a serious breakdown of the hospital's systems that are designed to ensure appropriate patient care,” said Kathleen Billingsley of the state Department of Public Health, which inspected Grossmont's quality of care.
Citizens' Oversight found the following concerns of a general nature:
- GHD Website does not provide meeting announcements of special meetings.
- GHD Website does not provide current or archived agendas (short or long form) nor meeting reports.
- GHD CEO Barry Jantz says that an announcement email list is maintained, but no mention of that exists on the website, and it is not clear how one should subscribe.
- GHD Website does not provide current "News and Upcoming Events". Last update was September, 2007, nearly a year ago, and shows events from 2006 as if they are current.
- GHD Website shows Barry Jantz as if he is a member of the board instead of listing him as staff (on a separate web page or under a separate heading).
- Members of the GHD board are apparently invited to sit on the Sharp-Grossmont Hospital board but frequently do not attend or send an alternate.
- Barry Jantz, CEO of the GHD is invited to sit on the board as well, and he sometimes does not attend.
- The exact frequency of attendance is not clear at this time. See COPs requests meeting attendance logs of Board members.
- According to the Prop. G Independent Citizens' Bond Oversight Committee website, two seats are vacant.
- ICBOC agendas provide headings only (short form).
- Agreement relating to Quality Assurance and Patient Care Reports - Specifies that immediate reports will be made, given specific criteria, to the GHD CEO (Barry Jantz), and "...if requested, GHC's shall provide a report concerning the event to the GHD Board." By the position of these sentences, it is implied that the GHD CEO would make the sole determination as to the appropriateness of informing the GHD Board. There is no mention about any changes requiring the CEO to inform the GHD Board.
- The level of confidentiality seems excessive.
- It should also be stated that GHD Board members may provide reports to the State Department of Public Health or other appropriate authorities if that board member, in his or her best judgment, believes that such a report must be made, regardless of any nondisclosure agreement with GHC.
- Minutes of the closed-session meetings should reflect the fact that some QA reports were received without detailing the specifics of any particular case that may be confidential to the patient.
Recent Articles and Media (Add | All)
The most recently published articles on this topic, most recent first.
Number of topics: 55
- (M1161) C00037 Request to resolve conflict of interest of Ernest Ewin -- Raymond Lutz, Citizens Oversight, 2011-04-25 Features James Stieringer Ernest Ewin
- (M1151) C00036 - CPRA Request to City of La Mesa Regarding Stieringer Resignation -- Raymond Lutz, Citizens Oversight, 2011-04-01 Features James Stieringer
- (M1125) GHD Special Meeting -- Stieringer Replacement Appt. -- Raymond Lutz, Citizens Oversight, 2010-12-20 Stieringer Employment Scam (2 Parts)
- (M1120) Grossmont Healthcare District 2010-12-06 meeting on Director Emeritus and Building Dedication to Stieringer -- Raymond Lutz, Citizens Oversight, 2010-12-06 Features Ray Lutz, Citizens Oversight, Stieringer Employment Scam (2 Parts)
- (M1117) C00030 - COPS contribution to GHD 2010-12-06 meeting -- Raymond Lutz, Citizens Oversight, 2010-12-05 Stieringer Employment Scam
- (M1115) Grossmont Healthcare District 2010-11-23 special meeting regarding resignation of Stieringer -- Raymond Lutz, Citizens Oversight, 2010-11-23 Stieringer Employment Scam, Cal Aware, Ray Lutz; Stieringer makes comments
- (M1113) Pension gaming at health care district? -- Editor, Union Tribune, 2010-11-21 Features Ray Lutz, Citizens Oversight, Stieringer Employment Scam
- (M1112) Watchdog Group Wins Open-Meeting Fight with Grossmont Healthcare Board -- Kenneth Stone, La Mesa Patch, 2010-11-19 Stieringer Employment Scam, Cal Aware, Ray Lutz
- (M1116) Grossmont Healthcare District 2010-11-19 meeting -- Raymond Lutz, Citizens Oversight, 2010-11-19 Stieringer Employment Scam, Cal Aware, Ray Lutz
- (M1107) Letter from GHD Attorney Scott on 2010-11-15 Brown Act Violation -- Jeffrey Scott, Grossmont Healthcare Board, 2010-11-18 Stieringer Employment Scam. Includes response by Cal Aware and comment by Raymond Lutz
- (M1108) Attorney for Grossmont Healthcare Board Rejects Demands by Open-Meeting Advocacy Group -- Kenneth Stone, La Mesa Patch, 2010-11-18 Stieringer Employment Scam
- (M1109) Group Demands Grossmont Healthcare Board Nullify Action on Vacancy -- Kenneth Stone, La Mesa Patch, 2010-11-17 Stieringer Employment Scam
- (M1110) Letter from CalAware to GHD demanding 11/15 Brown Act Violation Remedy -- Richard Mc Kee, Cal Aware, 2010-11-17 Stieringer Employment Scam
- (M1104) Agency job would have meant pension bump for board member -- Steve Schmidt, Union Tribune, 2010-11-16 Features Ray Lutz, Citizens Oversight, Stieringer Employment Scam
- (M1105) Submission to the Grossmont Healthcare District Board regarding the Projects Liaison Monitor and James Stieringer -- Raymond Lutz, Citizens Oversight, 2010-11-15
- (M1106) Grossmont Healthcare Board Denies Seat to Stieringer, Will Fill His Vacancy by Appointment -- Kenneth Stone, La Mesa Patch, 2010-11-15 Features James Stieringer, Ray Lutz, Barry Jantz, Stieringer Employment Scam [Includes claim of Brown Act violation by board meeting in closed session.]
- (M1101) Board member steps down, tries to take it back -- Steve Schmidt, Union Tribune, 2010-11-11 Features Ray Lutz, Citizens Oversight, Stieringer Employment Scam
- (M1102) GROSSMONT HEALTHCARE DISTRICT BOARD SEEKS TO HEAL RIFT -- Miriam Raftery, East County Magazine, 2010-11-11 Features James Stieringer, Ray Lutz, Barry Jantz, Stieringer Employment Scam
- (M1097) Former GHD Boardmember Stieringer tries to un-resign -- James Stieringer, Citizens Oversight, 2010-11-10 This is the letter from Stieringer to the Board in an attempt to rescind his resignation in Stieringer Employment Scam
- (M1098) Grossmont Healthcare Board Member Quits, Then Asks for Seat Back -- Kenneth Stone, La Mesa Patch, 2010-11-10 Features Ray Lutz, Citizens Oversight, Stieringer Employment Scam
- (M1099) GHD Emergency Meeting on Stieringer's employment scam -- Raymond Lutz, Citizens Oversight, 2010-11-10 Features Ray Lutz, Citizens Oversight, Stieringer Employment Scam
- (M1095) Letter to GHD regarding StieringerEmploymentScam -- Raymond Lutz, Citizens Oversight, 2010-11-08 C00028 Stieringer Employment Scam
- (M1096) Resignation Letter by GHD Board member James Stieringer -- James Stieringer, Citizens Oversight, 2010-11-05 Stieringer Employment Scam
- (M1103) Projects Liaison Monitor Job Posting -- Barry Jantz, Grossmont Healthcare Board, 2010-10 Stieringer Employment Scam
- (M1111) Public health exec pay tops $1 million -- Jeff Mc Donald, Union Tribune, 2010-09-18
- (M1119) GHD Performance Audit - Final - May 2010 -- , Grossmont Healthcare Board, 2010-05-31 Performance Audit requested by ICBOC
- (M939) Activist a common sight recording local meetings -- Ray Lutz is government watchdog -- Anne Krueger, Union Tribune, 2010-01-30 Features Raymond Lutz
- (M934) 3 local hospitals are fined for errors -- Mike Lee, Union Tribune, 2010-01-28
- (M926) $100,000 given to clinic for uninsured -- Grant is increased for Volunteers in Medicine -- Anne Krueger, Union Tribune, 2010-01-21 Features Raymond Lutz
- (M922) C00025 2010-01-18 COPS to GHD re: Health Fair -- Raymond Lutz, Citizens Oversight, 2010-01-18 Includes general list of typical problems in citizen access
- (M915) C00024 - 2010-01-13 COPS to GHD -- Service Assessment -- Raymond Lutz, Citizens Oversight, 2010-01-13
- (M1118) Grossmont Healthcare District 2010-11 Budget -- , Grossmont Healthcare Board, 2010
- (M1136) GHD Lobbyist Reports 2010 -- Randlett Nelson, Grossmont Healthcare Board, 2010
- (M907) Boys & Girls Club gets health grant -- Anne Krueger, Union Tribune, 2009-12-24 Features Raymond Lutz
- (M909) Grossmont Healthcare Board Meeting -- Raymond Lutz, Citizens Oversight, 2009-12-18 Includes Boys and Girls Club $100K grant from general fund.
- (M914) C00023 - GHD, Timely Minutes, too many meetings -- Raymond Lutz, Citizens Oversight, 2009-12-05
- (M1135) GHD Lobbyist Reports 2009 -- Randlett Nelson, Grossmont Healthcare Board, 2009
- (M623) Family sues Sharp Grossmont Hospital -- Cheryl Clark, Union Tribune, 2008-08-28
- (M625) Longtime insider believes in Sharp Grossmont Hospital -- Bob Yarris, Union Tribune, 2008-08-24
- (M608) CPRA Request to Grossmont Healthcare District on Board Members' Attendence -- Raymond Lutz, Citizens Oversight, 2008-08-18 Ref: C00013
- (M609) News Release: Citizens Group Requests Grossmont Healthcare Board Meeting Attendance Logs -- Raymond Lutz, Citizens Oversight, 2008-08-18
- (M602) New policy approved for Sharp Grossmont -- Anne Krueger, Union Tribune, 2008-08-16
- (M603) Grossmont Healthcare District 2008-08-15 Full Meeting -- Raymond Lutz, Citizens Oversight, 2008-08-15
- (M604) Grossmont Healthcare District Board 2008-08-15 Communication Policy Changes Only -- Raymond Lutz, Citizens Oversight, 2008-08-15 Includes public comment and meeting content related to the communication changes proposal
- (M607) GHD Agreement Relating to Quality Assurance and Patient Care Reports -- , Grossmont Healthcare Board, 2008-08-15
- (M283) Should We Abolish Oversight Boards? -- Raymond Lutz, East County Californian, 2008-08-14
- (M596) Increased scrutiny has hospitals focusing more on safety -- Keith Darce, Union Tribune, 2008-08-09
- (M598) Sharp admits communication errors -- Angelica Martinez and Cheryl Clark, Union Tribune, 2008-08-05
- (M595) Sharp Grossmont says it's moving to correct communication problems -- Angelica Martinez, Union Tribune, 2008-08-04
- (M597) State cites preventable deaths in report on Sharp Grossmont -- Cheryl Clark, Union Tribune, 2008-07-30
- (M1134) GHD Lobbyist Reports 2008 -- Randlett Nelson, Grossmont Healthcare Board, 2008
- (M1133) GHD Lobbyist Reports 2007 -- Randlett Nelson, Grossmont Healthcare Board, 2007
- (M1132) GHD Lobbyist Reports 2006 -- Randlett Nelson, Grossmont Healthcare Board, 2006
- (M1131) GHD Lobbyist Reports 2005 -- Randlett Nelson, Grossmont Healthcare Board, 2005
- (M1114) Foes cry foul in race for Grossmont health board -- Anne Krueger, Union Tribune, 2004-10-29 Features James Stieringer, Dan Mc Millan, Bob Yarris; includes complaint attachments
| Project Form edit |
| Project Name|| Grossmont Healthcare District |
| Project Description|| Board Oversight |
| Project Founder|| Raymond Lutz |
| Project Curator|| Raymond Lutz |
| Project Type|| Govt Oversight |
| Project Parents|| |
| Related Keywords|| |
| Project Status|| Active |
| Thumbnail Link|| |
| Forum Link|| |
| List Serve Topic|| |
This topic: Common > WebHome >
Topic revision: 12 Mar 2018, RaymondLutz
Copyright © by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.
Ideas, requests, problems regarding Cops? Send feedback